SB & Company Audit Manager Opportunity!
SB & Company is searching for an experienced Audit Manager for its Washington, D.C. location. As SB & Company grows, it is their goal to partner with world class talent. They are seeking a talented, driven leader to service SB & Company's growing customer base.
Audit Managers should hold a current valid CPA license, and must be in good standing with the MACPA. Successful candidates must have at least 5 years' successful experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of engagements managed. Strong technical skills, as well as demonstrated management skills is required. SB & Company offers a successful and growing firm with a very attractive compensation and full benefit package, including flexibility, continued professional education, and a wellness program.
SB & Company would like to learn if a member of NABA Metro DC would be interested in becoming part of its amazing culture. If so, please contact the Recruiting Manager directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or, 410.584.2212.
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions. Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. Arabella seek qualified candidates for the following positions:
Gonzalez & Hawkins LLC
The Staff Accountant will focus on the following:
Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
Prepare monthly account reconciliations
Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
Assist with financial and tax audits
Assist with preparing tax returns reporting requirements
Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
Other projects as assigned
Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
Strong understanding of accounting theory
CPA designation preferred, but not required
1-3 years accounting/finance experience
Federal government experience preferred, but not required
Highly detail oriented and organized in work
Ability to meet assigned deadlines
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
The Senior Auditor will serve as an experienced member of the audit team, with specific focus on the following:
Help develop audit plans and audit workpaper templates (in coordination with audit manager)
Execute audit tests (internal control and substantive) using approved audit plans and standardized audit workpaper templates.
Review audit workpapers completed by staff prior to submission to audit manager
Provide supervision and guidance to staff resources in executing audit testing
Help troubleshoot potential exceptions (i.e. obtain additional documentation/clarification to support/refute potential exceptions noted during field work testing)
Work under the direct supervision and guidance of a Manager
Work closely with Audit Managers and Partners on client management, and staff development and training
Possess 3-5 years of accounting experience with at least 1 year of experience as an auditor on engagements for the federal government or private sector clients.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or some other closely related discipline.
CPA or equivalent certification preferred (not required).
To apply to any of these positions, email your coversheet and resume to email@example.com. Indicate the position for which you are seeking consideration.
As a Freddie Mac Accounting/Finance Analyst, you will get the experience and resources needed to kick-start a successful career in accounting and finance. In this elite two-year program, you’ll rotate to challenging new positions every six months, working on a wide range of real-world accounting and finance related operations. We’re looking for candidates who are drawn to understanding complex business problems and finding viable solutions, curious, attentive to detail and excel in a team environment. Grow your career by building your network and working alongside people who want to help you succeed. To learn more about this position and to apply, click here.
Business Services Company (BSC) position at PHI. Manage the implementation of FCG strategy, processes, and interactions to help Company receive positive assertions from management and attestation from the external auditor regarding the effectiveness of the internal control environment by:
- Completing the SOX program, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and aligned and within program budget.
- Assisting the Manager in leading FCG resources to ensure all program activities and deliverables are executed and documented (including but not limited to: scoping, walkthroughs, design and operational effectiveness testing, RCM creation, and deficiency evaluations) in accordance with Exelon auditing methodology/techniques and program calendar.
- Quality review FCG documentation in assigned areas in order to ensure that all documented work is supported with sufficient evidence and properly and logically filed electronically and safeguarded in order to serve as the official record for use by PCAOB or external auditors.
- Leading the preparation and delivery of FCG updates and training to Business Unit personnel
- Managing relationships with the business in order to provide input and evaluation of internal control improvements
- Collaborating with other FCG personnel to ensure consistency and coverage of specific business processes
- Managing the performance of special reviews at the request of Director/Manager
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Three to five years of experience in an Accounting or Auditing position or related field
- Internal audit and/or accounting experience, including both public accounting and within
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated excellence and positive contribution in performing audit, accounting, and/or IT duties
- Professional accreditation, e.g. CFA, CPA , CIA, CISA, CFE
- Knowledge of Internal Controls, COSO Framework, and Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Projectmanagement experience
- Utility or regulated industry experience a plus
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI) is notifying our NABA members of job opportunities within our organization (please see attached).
OMWI was established in July of 2011, as required by Section 342 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010. OMWI is responsible for:
- Taking affirmative steps to seek diversity at all levels of the SEC’s workforce,
- Increasing participation of minority-owned and women-owned businesses in the SEC’s programs and contracts, including standards for coordinating technical assistance to such businesses; and
- Assessing the diversity policies and practices of entities regulated by the SEC.
The following positions are available:
Job Title Supervisory Securities Compliance Examiner
Location Washington, DC
Compensation $127,761 to $214,061 / Per Year
Position Number 16-ES-1763638-CSS
Application Deadline August 10, 2016
Job Title Securities Compliance Examiner
Location San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, New York, NY
Compensation $138,524 to $237,700 / Per Year
Position Number 16-ES-1759976-CSS
Application Deadline August 11, 2016
For more information and to apply, click here.
Corporate Accounts Payable Manager-47660
Responsible for supervising and developing systems for the accounts payable functions. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to practices and procedures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitors team activities related to maintaining ledger accounts and performing general accounting activities for production of financial statements and reports.
- Monitors team activities related to paying invoices and expense claims, reconciling accounts, and processing month-end closings; Oversees activities related to payment posting of check, wire, credit card, and draft payments.
- Recommends changes in methods and procedures to improve efficiency of the accounts payable or receivable unit.
- Establish and monitor appropriate financial controls; Establish policies, procedures, and controls within accounts payable/accounts receivable. Prepares analyses and reconciliations of bill runs to detect fraud.
- Analyze and implement best practices. Recommend and support system enhancements.
- Respond to Audit, consultant, and other stakeholder inquiries and requests.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 5+ years of people manager experience preferred.
- 3-5 years Accounts Payable experience required.
- A minimum of 6+ years experience in an accounting operations position is desired.
- PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 experience preferred.
- iValua experience preferred.
- Strong PC skills and solid experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, as s/he will have responsibility to effectively manage the team, as well as provide outstanding customer service to internal customers and vendors.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We have a wide array of careers for tax professionals. We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services. Build your career with one of our many jobs in tax services today. - See more at: http://bit.ly/WmaFqI
Tax Senior Associate – (multiple needs including Industry Tax Practice & Financial Services)
The Industry Tax Practice is organized around industries to share the latest research and points of view on emerging industry trends, develop industry-specific performance benchmarks, and share methodologies and approaches in complex areas such as compliance and tax risk management. The Industry Tax Practice (ITP) provides a distinctive combination of tax consulting, planning, compliance and accounting services to companies with specific industry needs.
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting provided all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations
Certification(s) Required: CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
- See more at: http://pwc.to/1Mqoo8Q
Tax Manager – Financial Services
The Financial Services Industry Group consists of over 34,000 industry-dedicated professionals worldwide, including over 4,500 in the U.S., who serve multinational banks, insurance companies, investment managers, broker-dealers, and hedge funds. PwC serves more of the largest and most complex financial services companies than any other firm. Moreover, our extensive, integrated global network of industry-dedicated resources enables us to apply this knowledge on our clients' behalf whenever and wherever they need it. PricewaterhouseCoopers' Investment Management Industry Group provides tax consulting and compliance services to many of the world's largest mutual funds, common trust funds, limited partnerships, hedge funds, pension funds, annuities, trusts and industry service providers.
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Certification(s) Required: CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
See more at: http://pwc.to/1MgGXWL